The Iranian Art Museum Garden
With an area of less than one hectare is located in Elahieh District. The architecture dates back to the early Pahlavi’s Period.
The main building was built in 1931 belonged to Ahmad Amir Ahmadi, Lieutenant-general of Reza Shah: then his wife, Turan Mohajer Eslami. Its repair was started in 2005 with green space and landscaping, which in 2007 was converted to an art museum.
During Pahlavi reign, on the occasion of the festival held named “2500th anniversary of the Persian Empire” models of some famous historical Iranian buildings were ordered to be made in Italy in the 1960s which were never used.
You can see some parts above.
These models were made of concrete, while resin and polyester were used to decorate their windows. Oil paints were used for painting the models of Hasht Behesht, Chehel Sotoon, and Shamsolemareh buildings.
These models of Iranian historical monuments include Hasht Behesht, Chehel Sotoon, Gonbad-e Ghabus, Shamsolemareh, thirty-three Bridges of Isfahan, Mahyar Caravansary, Building of Fin garden of Kashan, Azadi tower, Milad tower, Tomb of Danial, Soltanieh Dome, and St. Thaddeus Monastery.
This museum garden currently includes a painting exhibit, movies department, Arts workshop, cultural products store, and an exhibit of Iranian sculptors’ works. Some of these models were repaired in the garden by experts from the Iranian Cultural Heritage Organization in 2006.
Here some photos of real structure